With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
- Assume the responsibility for audit/assurance staff work and ensure that a quality “product” is consistently delivered within established deadlines.
Begin assuming more of a leadership role on client work as audit/assurance knowledge and experience grows.
- Begin acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty. Maintain and/or enhance client service through work quality, work efficiency, and excellent client relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the firm’s partners and managers.
- Consistently demonstrate high quality in work and relationships.
- Consistently meet established deadlines, ensuring that work is complete and accurate and adequate time has been provided for review process.
- Actively mentor new staff and interns helping to not only train and coach them, but also to indoctrinate them into our culture.
- Maintain and achieve high quality in work, client relations and team relations.
- Understand and demonstrate the qualities identified in the firm’s Code of Conduct.
- Know and understand the firm’s audit/assurance policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of PC applications appropriate to his/her work assignment.
- Record time daily.
- Meet chargeable hour budget.
- Achieve efficiency as measured by actual hours vs budgeted hours for an engagement.
- Appropriately communicate with co-workers to ensure that needed information is shared, deadlines and modified deadlines are communicated, and that they have information they need to complete their work and meet respective deadlines.
- Fully comply with professional standards, ethics, and regulation for industry.
- Complete at least 40 hours of CPE per year, with at least 8 hours focused on non-technical, personal development, and at least 4 to 8 hours emphasizing management/leadership skill development.
- Become certified/obtain appropriate designations.
- Two to six (2 - 6) years of experience in public accounting required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited university required.
- CPA certification preferred.
- AICPA Single Audit Certification is preferred.
- Master’s Degree or 150 credit hours is preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience required.
- Domestic audit experience utilizing US GAAP required.
- Local travel (primarily Western North Carolina) required.
- Familiarity with Governmental Accounting Standards, Yellow Book, and Single Audit required.
- Experience implementing GASB pronouncements is strongly preferred.
EEO Statement DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page. DHG is happy to work with our external recruiting partners in identifying best in class talent. As our firm is held to the highest standards of compliance and integrity in interviewing, we require resumes only be presented to representatives of the Talent Acquisition team after signing a DHG agency agreement.
Agency Recruiters: DHG will not be liable for any staffing or recruiting fee associated with the submittal of any unsolicited candidates to any DHG employee outside of the Talent Acquisition team or without a signed fee agreement with the Talent Acquisition team.