With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
- Provide tax compliance and planning services to clients of DHG
- Proactively research existing and proposed tax law to determine impact on clients’ financial position; present finding / recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice including analyzing business processes and identifying ways to automate processes and/or implement improved processes
- Coordinates with the Senior Manager and/or Partner on all phases of the engagement, with a focus on complex returns for Corporations, S Corporations, Partnerships, individuals, etc.
- Provide clients assistance with ASC 740-10 (FAS 109 & FIN 48) including but not limited to calculating current/deferred taxes and tax account roll forwards, assessing valuation allowances, and calculating global tax provisions for SEC filings.
- Manage a portfolio of clients of varying size and scope and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients; build and manage client relationships
- Manage the work flow, including proper delegation to staff according to their experience, and coordination with senior managers and partners on all phases of the engagement
- Review the tax working papers and determine that the engagement has been performed in accordance with professional standards and the terms of the engagement letter
- Provide overall leadership, supervision, training, and performance feedback to staff
- Develop business by expanding existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and participate in civic, business, and professional organizations
- Use research services to increase technical knowledge and provide valuable services to clients
- Serve as a technical resource for professionals in the firm
- Overall part-time hours annually with benefits potential
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required, Masters in Tax preferred
- 4-7 years in tax accounting required, Big Four or Regional Firm preferred
- Tax return review experience required
- Active CPA required
- Experience in various state and local taxes including real estate flow-through, income/franchise tax, sales tax, and tax credits/incentives preferred
- Strong skills in tax research and writing preferred
- A miniminum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems required
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment required
- Strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills required
EEO Statement DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page. DHG is happy to work with our external recruiting partners in identifying best in class talent. As our firm is held to the highest standards of compliance and integrity in interviewing, we require resumes only be presented to representatives of the Talent Acquisition team after signing a DHG agency agreement.
Agency Recruiters: DHG will not be liable for any staffing or recruiting fee associated with the submittal of any unsolicited candidates to any DHG employee outside of the Talent Acquisition team or without a signed fee agreement with the Talent Acquisition team.