With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
- Prepare tax returns involving complex issues and with a concentrated focus on complex returns in corporate taxation
- Review less complex business tax returns
- Prepare tax projections and other tax planning strategies
- Respond to tax notices
- Develop business by expanding existing relationships with clients, maintaining personal networks, and participating in civic, business, and professional organizations
- Support training of tax associates and assist managers in development of staff
- Research increasingly complex tax issues using internet research services
- Delegates work to staff according to their experience and capabilities in conformance with the planning documents
- Look for opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Use research services to increase technical knowledge and provide valuable services to clients
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required, Masters Degree preferred
- 3+ years of public accounting experience in a tax environment preferred
- Healthcare experience or interest preferred
- Strong skills in research and writing required
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures on manual and automated systems
- Experience with various entity types (corporate and flow through entities as well as individuals) preferred
- Experience multi-state taxation is preferred
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills; ability to communicate effectively required
- Professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment required
- Must have strong organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
EEO Statement DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page. DHG is happy to work with our external recruiting partners in identifying best in class talent. As our firm is held to the highest standards of compliance and integrity in interviewing, we require resumes only be presented to representatives of the Talent Acquisition team after signing a DHG agency agreement.
Agency Recruiters: DHG will not be liable for any staffing or recruiting fee associated with the submittal of any unsolicited candidates to any DHG employee outside of the Talent Acquisition team or without a signed fee agreement with the Talent Acquisition team.