With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you’ll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
The Chief Marketing Officer is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive short and long range internal and external marketing plans to help increase brand awareness, drive growth revenue, and improve firm performance. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization. The CMO manages a marketing team, works with other aligned marketing employees, and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that centralized group. This position also has input into the performance and hiring of other marketing employees throughout the firm.
Creates and is responsible for a firm-wide marketing plan and budget, which is closely associated with the firm-wide sales plan, created by the Director of Sales.
- Leads the brand message and drives how it is viewed in media, online, in print and in advertisements
- Guides the collaborative creation, and implements the agreed-upon recommendations of the strategic marketing plan.
- Works with the Industry and Service line leaders and Region, Market and Office Managing Partners and related marketing staff to develop and implement targeted initiatives and campaigns to drive organic growth, utilizing and integrating various marketing and sales tactics and tools.
- Manages the expectations of key practice unit managers to ensure overall “internal client satisfaction” relative to Marketing.
- Collaborates with the Sales (Business Development) function and leaders of that group to identify new business, client retention and client growth strategies.
- Performs market research and analysis.
- Furnishes marketing advice, counsel and general staff support to all departments within the organization.
- Evaluates operational processes and programs to determine how competitive and current they are with latest industry trends.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
- Develops marketing campaigns upon request including formulating specific budget and expenditure plans.
- Manages specific corporate programs.
- Oversees development of digital tools, the firm website, brochures or other print or electronic ads to market firm services, and ensure brand alignment
- Manages DHG’s client-related external social media presence, and collaborates with DHG’s internal firm communications team on coordinated social media presence and public relations work.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports DHG’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- May assist in planning events that highlights firm services.
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents.
- May perform public speaking to volunteer organizations and committees regarding public relations, marketing and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required.
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred.
- At least 12-15 years of project/program management experience required.
- Experience in a professional services firm strongly preferred.
EEO Statement DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page. DHG is happy to work with our external recruiting partners in identifying best in class talent. As our firm is held to the highest standards of compliance and integrity in interviewing, we require resumes only be presented to representatives of the Talent Acquisition team after signing a DHG agency agreement.
Agency Recruiters: DHG will not be liable for any staffing or recruiting fee associated with the submittal of any unsolicited candidates to any DHG employee outside of the Talent Acquisition team or without a signed fee agreement with the Talent Acquisition team.