Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP is a regional public accounting firm that delivers innovative accounting, tax, audit and advisory services. With more than 2,000 people in 13 states, we combine deep industry experience, comprehensive accounting and advisory services and a strong commitment to personal service.
The Regional HR Business Partner plays a vital role by solving complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. You’ll be an integral part of the regional leadership, connecting people strategy to the business strategy; therefore, you’ll need to understand the business and be a thought leader. You’ll partner with a cross-functional group of subject-matter experts to execute on DHG’s people strategy and will lead a high performing regional HR team. You’ll have the opportunity to improve and impact every team members’ experience at DHG.
*** This role has the ability to be based in Greenville, SC, Atlanta, GA, or Asheville, NC. ***
What you’ll do (Key Responsibilities)
- Offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution; provide insightful data to guide decision-making and provide proactive solutions
- Use metrics, trends, and industry knowledge to provide guidance to the Regional leaders and to recommend and develop solutions with regard to all people related programs and processes
- Develop and implement change management and communication strategies to facilitate employee engagement and ensure transparency of information to employees
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines
- Provide expertise in a broad range of HR disciplines, including coaching and development, performance management, compensation and rewards, employee relations, employee engagement, and strategic development
- Build strong partnerships with client groups at all levels
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team of HR professionals to support the region.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with legal department as needed/required
How you’ll be successful (Benchmarks for Evaluation)
- Ability to transform strategic concepts into actionable processes and plans
- Approach work with a consulting mindset
- Comfort with ambiguity and proven ability to create clarity
- Highest level of integrity and stellar judgement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence and build consensus
- Thrive on being a strong collaborator who can work across dispersed teams
- Act as a change agent
- Highly effective level of business literacy about the business unit, firm and accounting industry
- Ability to provide sound advice to partners related to strategic people areas
- Demonstrate excellent client focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain positive partner and team member relations
- Strong executive presence; ability to interact with partners and leaders
- Ability to “think on your feet” to problem solve issues
- Ability to obtain new skills and gain critical knowledge
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience required
10+ years of progressively responsible HR generalist/HR business partner experience required
HR Experience in a professional services environment or highly matrixed organization is strongly preferred
HR certification (SHRM or HRCI) preferred
Requires travel to all office locations within the region on a regular basis. Requires occasional travel to other locations
EEO Statement DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page. DHG is happy to work with our external recruiting partners in identifying best in class talent. As our firm is held to the highest standards of compliance and integrity in interviewing, we require resumes only be presented to representatives of the Talent Acquisition team after signing a DHG agency agreement.
Agency Recruiters: DHG will not be liable for any staffing or recruiting fee associated with the submittal of any unsolicited candidates to any DHG employee outside of the Talent Acquisition team or without a signed fee agreement with the Talent Acquisition team.