DHG is a leading professional services firm offering assurance, tax and advisory services to clients nationwide and internationally. Our strength lies in our technical knowledge, industry intelligence and future focused approach combined with our drive to help our clients achieve their goals, both today and tomorrow. DHG’s professionals are passionate about providing an unparalleled client experience as we listen, innovate and act to help our clients. DHG ranks among the top 20 professional services firms in the nation, providing assurance, tax, and advisory services. With more than 2,000 professionals across the United States, the DHG team serves clients in 50 states and internationally.
This role will be supporting the Client Accounting team in Tysons, VA. However, we are open to this individual sitting in any of our key markets and in certain cases, a full time virtual employee.
- Provide bookkeeping and accounting services which may include data entry, bank reconciliations, maintenance of A/R, A/P, & inventory accounts, answering client questions, etc.
- Provide accounting services for clients to include month-end closings and reports
- Assist in the preparation of payroll returns, sales tax return, and 1099-Misc fillings
- Manage multiple clients concurrently
- Assist clients with accounting, payroll and basic software issues
- Communicate with clients clearly and professionally, and establish and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential business matters
- Perform or assist with other services and special projects as needed
- Exercise strong sense of professional ethics and judgment
- Must be reliable and able to meet deadlines
- Obtain a working knowledge of research techniques and various research sources
- Develop and apply knowledge of government contract rules and regulations
- BS in Accounting is preferred, other business degrees or work experience in Government Contracting will be considered
- Strong preference for at least 1 year of full charge bookkeeping, client accounting, or accounting services
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures on automated systems required
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Proficiency in QuickBooks is required
- Proficiency in other accounting software (Procas/Deltek) is preferred
- Previous Government Contracting accounting experience highly preferred
- Effectively collaborate with visitors, clients, staff, and/or coworkers in a professional manner required
- As this position supports defense and intelligence contractors, US Citizenship is required for this role
EEO Statement DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page. DHG is happy to work with our external recruiting partners in identifying best in class talent. As our firm is held to the highest standards of compliance and integrity in interviewing, we require resumes only be presented to representatives of the Talent Acquisition team after signing a DHG agency agreement.
Agency Recruiters: DHG will not be liable for any staffing or recruiting fee associated with the submittal of any unsolicited candidates to any DHG employee outside of the Talent Acquisition team or without a signed fee agreement with the Talent Acquisition team.