DHG Healthcare is ranked by Modern Healthcare as the 9th largest privately-held healthcare consulting firm and serves the industry with approximately 300 dedicated healthcare industry professionals across consulting, assurance and tax. DHG Healthcare’s consulting business portfolio includes distinctive capabilities and solutions sharply focused on critical business issues facing healthcare organizations in today’s transformative environment. We are currently seeking a Consultant to work with one of our offices in Washington, DC or North Carolina. Virtual employees will also be considered based on experience.
The Healthcare Finance Consultant will have responsibilities for financial modeling and financial system implementation and assessment engagements. The financial modeling component of a client engagement includes building and managing the financial model, understanding project assumptions, incorporating various service-line structures, maintaining records of all project assumptions and changes to those assumptions.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of materials for client deliverables, meetings, and presentations
- Provide support on specific client engagements, which may include financial feasibility studies, client due diligence, financial and strategic planning, and operational assessments
- Understand and analyze financial assumptions that underpin a financial model
- Perform market driven research, including demographics and competitive analyses
- Develop an understanding of capital markets (long-term debt or equity-backed securities) that affect financing assumptions
- Assist with the updating, maintenance and review of financial and market benchmark databases
- Assist in the development of project outcome measurements and the development of communication plans
- BA or BS in Accounting, Economics, or Finance
1 to 3 years of healthcare finance experience preferred
- Professional services experience preferred
- Strong financial modeling experience and understanding of financial statements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with advanced level skills in Excel required
- Understanding of Financial/Human Resources/Supply Chain systems and workflow
- Excellent client service delivery skills with the ability to manage client needs and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverables, etc.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources throughout a project timeline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing
- Demonstrate ability to organize information and manage multiple assignments
- Creative problem-solving ability and self-starter
- Exceptional work ethic with adaptability to changing project teams
- Travel requirements at least 25% and varies depending upon engagement
EEO Statement DHG endeavors to make the DHG Recruiting Website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please use this email link. This contact information is for accommodation request only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications or system support.
DHG is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, and if you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please review “Employment Notices and Disclaimers” link at the bottom of the web page. DHG is happy to work with our external recruiting partners in identifying best in class talent. As our firm is held to the highest standards of compliance and integrity in interviewing, we require resumes only be presented to representatives of the Talent Acquisition team after signing a DHG agency agreement.
Agency Recruiters: DHG will not be liable for any staffing or recruiting fee associated with the submittal of any unsolicited candidates to any DHG employee outside of the Talent Acquisition team or without a signed fee agreement with the Talent Acquisition team.