Audit Manager, SEC Center of Excellence
Location: United States
DHG is a leading professional services firm offering assurance, tax and advisory services to clients nationwide and internationally. Our strength lies in our technical knowledge, industry intelligence and future focused approach combined with our drive to help our clients achieve their goals, both today and tomorrow. DHG's professionals are passionate about providing an unparalleled client experience as we listen, innovate and act to help our clients. DHG ranks among the top 20 professional services firms in the nation, providing assurance, tax, and advisory services. With more than 2,000 professionals across the United States, the DHG team serves clients in 50 states and internationally.
Requisition Number: 2021-8543
DHG has been experiencing tremendous growth including and particularly with our SEC clients and new business in the Financial Services, Technology, and Life Science industry teams.
In response, DHG is looking for exceptionally talented professionals dedicated to enhancing their public company knowledge, working extensively within DHG's SEC Center for Excellence.
Experience or a strong willingness to learn mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, working with fast growing companies, and other exciting SEC developments.
Desire to "build your own balance sheet" by becoming a valuable professional with strong SEC knowledge and skills and participate in additional dynamic training opportunities in specific industries, SEC rules and regulations, PCAOB auditing standards, and other public company reporting matters.
Self-starter that wants to accelerate their career!
• Responsible for managing all phases of an engagement from planning to issuance of financial statements
• Serve the needs of clients by planning and performing audits, reviews, and internal control over financial reporting audits, in addition to any other related client needs
• Coordinate with the Senior Manager, Managing Director or Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling
• Exercise independent thinking skills by making decisions related to engagements to include assessment of engagement risks, determining which procedures to perform to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating evidence
• Evaluate clients' systems of internal control, and conduct the engagement plan, preparation, and execution
• Promptly bring to the attention of the Senior Manager, Managing Director or Partner any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles or financial statement presentation
• Provide mentoring and development to staff on an ongoing basis
• Demonstrate sound judgment with the ability to make decisions in an effective and efficient manner
• At all times, maintain an executive presence and professional demeanor, reflective of the Firm
• Opportunities to collaborate with the firm's national office in evaluating the impact of profession-wide hot topics and the potential implication to their client base.
• Assistance in developing Knowledge Shares, specifically focused on public company matters
• BA or BS in Accounting or related field required
• Master's degree preferred
• 5 - 10 years of public audit experience required
• Financial Institutions, Technology, or Life Sciences industry experience preferred, but not required
• CPA required
• Knowledge of US GAAP/ SEC and PCAOB is preferred
Community / Marketing Title: Audit Manager, SEC Center of Excellence