NEAR Campus Recruiting
Location: United States
DHG is a leading professional services firm offering assurance, tax and advisory services to clients nationwide and internationally. Our strength lies in our technical knowledge, industry intelligence and future focused approach combined with our drive to help our clients achieve their goals, both today and tomorrow. DHG's professionals are passionate about providing an unparalleled client experience as we listen, innovate and act to help our clients. DHG ranks among the top 20 professional services firms in the nation, providing assurance, tax, and advisory services. With more than 2,000 professionals across the United States, the DHG team serves clients in 50 states and internationally.
Requisition Number: 2021-8339
With more than 2,000 professionals in 13 states, our headquarters in Charlotte, NC is just the beginning of where you can find a career with us. DHG ranks among the top 20 public accounting firms in the nation, and we work with clients locally, nationally, and internationally every day. In each DHG office, you'll discover a caring culture and a place where you can build a valuable career.
DHG Next Evolution of Accounting Resourcefulness (NEAR) is based in High Point, NC and is comprised of individuals that have obtained, or are pursuing, two or four year accounting degrees. The NEAR team provides a centralized group of resources to assist assurance, tax, and advisory teams by performing tasks that are more entry level, lower risk, repetitive, administrative, and non-judgmental in nature. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with team members across the firm who will request work from the NEAR team. They will focus on productivity and innovative solutions to deliver quality work products to our teams.
- Work on portions of audit, review, and compilation engagements (training provided).
- Prepare tax returns for various entities (training provided).
- Prepare and review various supporting tax calculations (training provided).
- Handle multiple tasks and manage schedule in alignment with department needs.
- Provide timely feedback and progress updates for all work in process.
- Comply with professional standards and ethics.
- Understand and demonstrate the qualities identified in the firm's Code of Conduct.
- Ability to work well, both independently and collaboratively, with team members.
- Makes team/client service #1 priority. Builds effective working relationships with teams across the firm. Responds in a timely manner to calls and correspondence.
- Develop a working knowledge of PC applications appropriate to his/her work assignment.
- Exercise sound judgement, take initiative, follow through on commitments, is flexible and adaptive in the face of change, communicates effectively and manages disagreements.
- Thoroughly review work product for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete work in a reliable and dependable fashion and apply review feedback from experienced team members to future assignments.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week and overtime around deadlines
- Serve as a resource for new staff and interns, assuming the role of a peer mentor and providing training as appropriate.
- Achieve efficiency as measured by actual hours vs budgeted hours for an engagement.
- Record time daily.
- Perform or assist with other duties as assigned by the management of the DHG NEAR team.
- Minimum of Associates degree is preferred, preferably in business or accounting
- High degree of computing acumen is preferred
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
Community / Marketing Title: NEAR Campus Recruiting