Transaction Advisory Intern - Summer 2022
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
DHG is a leading professional services firm offering assurance, tax and advisory services to clients nationwide and internationally. Our strength lies in our technical knowledge, industry intelligence and future focused approach combined with our drive to help our clients achieve their goals, both today and tomorrow. DHG's professionals are passionate about providing an unparalleled client experience as we listen, innovate and act to help our clients. DHG ranks among the top 20 professional services firms in the nation, providing assurance, tax, and advisory services. With more than 2,000 professionals across the United States, the DHG team serves clients in 50 states and internationally.
Requisition Number: 2022-8789
Middle market companies involved in mergers and acquisitions face unique and complicated challenges with each transaction; DHG advises these companies across numerous industries throughout the transaction process, allowing them to proceed, renegotiate, restructure or withdraw from these transactions. An internship with DHG Transaction Advisory will offer you the chance to be involved in one of the premier middle market deal advisory practices in the US. The DHG Transaction Advisory team provides a challenging, rewarding and entrepreneurial opportunity for individuals to improve their skill set and career trajectory. Apply today if you are looking for a challenging and fast-paced environment that provides the chance to work with clients such as corporate strategic buyers, private equity funds, family offices, mezzanine lenders and other financial investors.
DHG actively seeks students who are motivated, curious, and eager to take the first step in their career. Interns gain real-life experience, develop strong technical and interpersonal skills, and have access to unparalleled mentorship opportunities. As a member of the DHG team, Interns have the opportunity to experience what our full-time employees perform in their first year as an Associate. We provide exciting training and networking opportunities among all our Interns at our Intern training - DHG Launch, which is offered during both our Spring and Summer Internship Programs.
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence engagements with both private equity and strategic corporate buyers
- Prepare (i) quality of earnings, (ii) working capital and (iii) debt and debt-like items analyses
- Assist with databook buildout (historical statements and supporting schedules), tie outs and rollforwards which will include detailed excel and supporting data build out as required by each engagement. Large data sets will be analyzed for deal specific KPI's, and historical trends.
- Analyze the financial operations of the target companies and identify issues that may impact the purchase price
- Understand and evaluate financial and operational trends of target companies
- Outline quality of earnings reports and various sections
- Take notes, ask questions, and identify risks during management meetings
- Develop advanced Excel and data building skills
- Know how to utilize data to tell the Target's story
- Understand DHG TAS: go-to-market strategy, service offerings, client deliverables, client types, various transaction types, the objectives of FDD and a typical engagement process
- Develop basic understanding of proposals, databooks and reports (process and contents)
- Understand typical engagement phases, key documents and team member responsibilities/ considerations
- Gain an understanding for best practices
- Understand different industry considerations as well as different buyer and seller perspectives
- Know what to look for when analyzing QoE/EBITDA, gain an understanding of net working capital, develop an understanding of debt and debt-like items and become familiar with sales and purchase agreements
- Candidate must be within 2 years of completing their Bachelor's degree
- Must be enrolled in Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated academic excellence preferred
Office Locations Include: Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC, Raleigh, NC, Tysons, VA.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Transaction Advisory Intern - Summer 2022
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlotte, North Carolina US